Gate 21 - Harmony
Path 21 of the Tree of Life
Intelligence - Concilliating
Name - Grasping Hand
Crystal - Chiastolite
Dictionary Meaning:- Harmony - Accord or agreement in feeling, manner or action and a state of order, agreement or completeness in the relations of things or parts of a whole to each other.
Path 21 flows between the Mercy of Compassion and the Victory of Serenity. It is the Conciliating Intelligence, its spiritual attribute is Harmony and its name is Grasping Hand.
Harmony and Serenity go hand in hand. Compassion aids Harmony and vice versa.
Harmony covers many things such as the harmony in music and the rhythm of life. Music plays a very important part in our lives whether we realise it or not and it is very unfortunate in today's modern world that there is a lot of music around that is not very harmonious, in a spiritual sense. It may be correct musically but it glorifies the dark side and that which is low, bestial and depraved. This has an awful effect on the people who listen to it regularly. Sadly it is a sign of the times that so many are being inspired by those spiritually inharmonious rhythms.
Look now at the Conciliating Intelligence. Conciliating is bringing people together and helping them to overcome differences. That can bring about Harmony.
There isn't very much Harmony in the world today with all the war, terrorism, famine and plague. There simply aren’t enough serenely compassionate people in positions of influence in these places to act as conciliators to create Harmony.
You create disharmony in your own being when you allow personal feelings or opinions to block your flow of Compassion to others.
Lacking the Serenity to accept your lot in life also creates personal disharmony. Everything may not seem perfect, but actually it is. Every thing is perfect in your life, no matter how miserable you are, because you are in the perfect position to learn the lessons of life that are best for you. You chose these lessons before you were born. Coming to understand that will bring you Serenity. Being reconciled to these things will help to bring about Harmony in your life.
It will also help you to be Compassionate with those around you and to recognise that no matter how annoying, they are perfect for you. They are giving you the lessons that you need. Reconciliation and conciliation are very powerful spiritual tools which help with adaptation and acceptance.
- What effect does listening to music have on you?
- This makes a good group exercise but can be done alone. Gather together some CD’s or tapes of various styles of music and singing. You will only want to play parts of each so that the exercise takes about 30 minutes.
- Have a note pad with you and after each piece write briefly how it made you feel; sad, happy, excited, depressed and so on.
- If you do it in a group you will find that what makes one person relaxed will excite or bore another and so forth.
- You may be surprised to discover that some of your favourite music is not having the beneficial affect on you that you thought it was.